Monday, October 15, 2012

Master Forger Quilt Challenge

Guest Designer: Katie Scott
 
My Kick It layout was inspired by (aka. a scraplift of) the Happiness Layout by "Just Em" in the Two Peas Gallery made with the Gossamer Blue Kit. I used my old school Sizzix with some Star Die Cuts to make all the stars. I used my 6x6 papers and cut them to 4 inches wide first, this will still give me lots of use from these papers. The stars reminded me of comic book "ka-pow" type images of people punching or hitting each other. My son recently took his Brown Belt Test in Karate and had to break several boards with his karate kicks, I got a few good photos of him kicking the boards in half. By "good" I mean I got the action shot but didn't get an especially close up version of the kick so I cropped by 4x6 photos down very small; something I don't normally do. I used 2 photos instead of JustEm's one photo. I added Smash Book stickers and washi tape. I die cut the title with my Quickutz. This layout took me about an hour to create since my son kept coming in to check on it and immediately after I finished it and photographed it, he said he'd like it on his wall above his lego desk - so we took out an older layout about a bunny and put this Kick It layout in its place! When you say the "Kick It" title try to remember how the Beastie Boys started "You've Got to Fight For Your Right to Party!" - they said "Kick It!" This accomplishment was pretty awesome, his Black Belt test will probably be next summer so its important for him to remember the awesome feeling of kicking that board in two - because he's got to work hard this year and in the 6 hour Black Belt test next year!
 


 
 


Libeeti 


Margie 


Milissa 


Rebecca 


 


Jemma 


Crystal 

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I love the Beastie Boys, I can totally hear "Kick It!" right now! Great inspiration from the team on this one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.