Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July Counterfeit Kit


July is such a great month!  Summer (here in the US) is in full swing.  Just underway enough to be fun, but plenty left so we don't feel panicked. Our families major activities happened in June, so we are hoping to slow it down a bit for July.

So summer time crafting...easier or harder for you?  I would love to hear what you have to say in our comments section.

Hopefully you will find SOME time to play with us as we have a great kit to get you in a crafty mood!

Scrapabilly's March Kit has a tempting monochromatic feel to it.  Don't let it get you stumped, though!  Here are some ways you can easily make this kit your own!


~Like the monochromatic look, but don't care for these color?  Pick a favorite of yours and pair it with some nice neutrals for your own take on a simple color scheme!

~ Like more color in your life?  Go for it!  Let the patterns (scale, type) inspire you to think out side of the box as you throw in whatever colors you like with similar patterns.

~Does this kit scream THEME to you?  Use that theme to inspire a kit of your own...don't bother to copy anything BUT the theme.

~Create your own theme by picking out one paper or embellishment from the original kit and building your kit around that.

We can't wait to see what you do with this kit and how you make it your own.

Our Guest Designer has her own take on the kit this month!  We are excited to welcome Julie this month as she dazzles us with her mad kit making and using skills!



I've always loved crafting and making and cutting and sticking paper in particular.  I was never happier as a child, than when I was cutting up magazines and catalogues and sticking them into a sugar paper scrapbook.  And my brother hated it - he would never leave me in peace.  My catch phrase as a child was "Mom tell him".  The strange thing now is that story has still not made it onto a scrapbook page.  As I grew older I left crafting behind until my daughter was born and I discovered proper grown up scrapbooking.  I made my first 12 X 12 page for my friend's 40th birthday in 2005 and dabbled on and off until 2010 when I had some time off working following a carpel tunnel decompression operation which gave me time to do my first Shimelle online course.  I've taken a few more since and built up a great bunch off online scrapping friends - keeping in touch through blogs and Facebook.  I've been lucky enough to meet a few of them in person and have some weekends away scrapbooking - including the lovely Master Forger Jemma.

I've had a couple of stints on design teams and I was delighted and amazed to be asked to be a Guest designer at CKC.  It is such a wonderful concept.  I'm sure I'm not alone with my obsession with pretty paper and embellishments. I have far more than I could ever use in a lifetime, but CKC helps me to get those papers out of the stacks and drawers and into a kit to work through the ever growing mountain of photographs and memories just waiting to be recorded in the prettiest way possible.  My daughter is so used to scrapbooks that when she saw my baby album at Grandma's she didn't ask where the coloured photos are (yes I am old enough to only have black and white baby photos!) but said "Where are all the pretties?"

Let's move onto our hop now to make sure you start off with plenty of great ideas!  Don't forget about our great TUTORIAL post on the 4th that will help inspire you to MAKE some of the pieces in your kit!


******************************************
We would LOVE to have you participate!  Check out the How to play along with us tab at the top of the page to see how you can play along after you make your kit!  We have a month full of special challenges and ideas so we can get some creating done and get some supplies used up.

3 comments:

  1. I remember seeing Lisa's layouts using this kit earlier this year - I loved it then and was so happy to see it this morning! I've got my kit ready and went in a completely unexpected direction with it. I don't let myself look at the blog hop until I've gotten my kit together (don't want to be influenced by anyone's choices!) so now I'm looking forward to discovering what everyone came up with this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the question was summertime crafting easier or harder for you? For me it's just a bit harder wiht extra time outside in the garden and time with family making those memories I like to scrap that I don't get the time in the craftroom as I would want to have like in the winter months. It's good though I truly enjoy the time I get in the craftroom no matter how many hours it is in a day, a week or a month. I'm just a wee bit late to the blog hop party we had a broken wire and have been without internet most of the week till just this morning :) Will be catching up over the next few days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love LOVE this month's kit. I am using it as a jumping off point as far as the color scheme and adding a few of my own!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.